(248) 409 8699
CELTA (Cambridge) certified educator and editor with 13+ years of experience writing, editing, copywriting, and teaching all ages, languages and cultures in the US, UK, and internationally online. Wayne State University graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences: Major in English, Minor in Communications; completed student teaching through WSU’s College of Education. Maintains advanced skills in writing, editing, public speaking, teaching, teamwork, language training, tutoring, networking and communications. Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs; SEO certified. English language specialist, also functional in Spanish. Has 13+ years of experience writing and editing published media. Holds ability to lead group discussions on a wide range of topics, connect with students and coworkers using interpersonal communication skills. Led seminars as an Administrative Consultant to educate local administrative staffs and school boards on how to better connect with students, parents and the local community using tools such as social media and interpersonal communication, Designed and implemented social media campaigns for North Branch Area Schools, Michigan. Retains experience with social media marketing and writing in various formats. Authored a front-page story on the cover of 70,000+ newspapers across Michigan in August of 2015.
To whom this may concern:
As you will see in my resume, I have been a proponent of language, the written and spoken word, the arts, and all things educational since a young age. My life has centered around teaching, editing, music, books, writing, reading, and creating. Professionally I have been working with printed and published media for over 15 years and education for over 13.
Originally commencing my higher education journey in 2008, I have now been teaching for over 13 years, with experience educating all ages, cultures, creeds, and nationalities at all difficulty levels to all class sizes with students from around the world. My own education path has led me across the globe and in addition to my dual degree from Wayne State University in Detroit, I also have my CELTA (TEFL/ TESOL) from Cambridge University.
I have built my career using my English skills since graduating from Wayne State University’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences in 2014. In addition to my Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a major in English, I also minored in Communications and studied at WSU’s College of Education. I finished my student teaching at Wayne State’s College of Education, majoring in English & Secondary Education, before moving on to the College of Liberal Arts.
I became CELTA Certified through Cambridge University via the British Study Centre in Edinburgh, Scotland in 2018, after moving to the United Kingdom from the United States. I retain the right to work in the U.K. & the U.S. In addition to my work teaching through companies like Global Language Training, their European division Global English, CoreConnect, The Oxford Method, BlingABC and others, I have also continued my work as an editor for three weekly papers published by the View Newspaper Group in Lapeer County, Michigan, where I used to work as a reporter, journalist, proofreader and columnist.
Working as a language instructor, a tutor, a teacher, a reporter, a copywriter and an editor has given me experience that has made me confident and comfortable with various duties. I work well with deadlines and I can finish a lot of writing in a short amount of time. I retain experience with social media, marketing and online writing, including everything from emails to blogs and newsletters.
I have also led seminars both online for “teacher teaching training” and in-person as an administrative consultant to educate the administrative staff of North Branch School District (in Lapeer County, Michigan) on how to better connect with students, parents and the local community using tools such as social media and interpersonal communication. As part of my consultancy work, I designed and implemented a successful social media campaign for North Branch Schools, their different teams, and community program initiatives.
I have been the head writer and editor of copy for real estate, finance, insurance, development firms, construction companies and more for a small marketing group. I have spent several years teaching at various institutions whilst also writing for several weekly papers. I enjoy presenting ideas to a team and working with others.
I have experience writing for an audience and implementing strategies by leading meetings and initiatives. I am a great listener, an active employee and I prioritize time management. I also work well independently; I consider myself a disciplined writer who readily accepts any challenge and I strive to produce top quality writings. My interpersonal communications have helped me succeed through years of varied work.
My work has been featured in several publications, in addition to my work in the music industry. I founded my own international label and brand Underflow Records which I manage alongside my band Shady Groves. In 2015 I authored a front-page story that was on the cover of over 70,000 newspapers across Michigan.
As evident from the image below, I have been featured as an exemplary “model” educator for my company Global Language Training (GLT), in addition to speaking at many events on the vital importance of education over the years in the U.S., U.K. and E.U.
I have included links to several articles I have written over the years.
This link leads to a piece I wrote about Education being the foundation of society:https://thecountypress.mihomepaper.com/articles/my-view-point-97/
This is another piece I wrote, detailing my teaching experiences:
This is a column I wrote about respect, and how vital it is in and out of classrooms:
More Links to samples of my work:
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
EDITOR, COPYWRITER & JOURNALIST — THE VIEW NEWSPAPER GROUP — LAPEER COUNTY, MI, USA
FEB. 2009 TO OCT. PRESENT
- Leads multiple creative teams as well as composing stories, columns, articles, interviews and copy for three weekly papers for The View Newspaper Group — including The County Press and Lapeer Area View — Authored front page story on the cover of 70,000+ newspapers in Michigan in August of 2015
- Proofreads and edits three different newspapers each week; provides photographs to run alongside all articles contributed and others
- Travels frequently to conduct interviews and make regular contact with prominent citizens, businesses, charity organizations, schools, civil servants and local community leaders
- Invited to speak publicly several times at schools, education panels and board meetings on the vital importance of education within society
ONLINE ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR — GLOBAL ENGLISH — MILAN, ITALY JAN. 2019 TO PRESENT
- ESL (English as a Second Language) instructor, teaching online through Global English — the European-based counterpart company connected to Global Language Training in the USA
- Responsible for maintaining regular contact with and designing lessons for over 70 adult students, all employees for different divisions of Intesa Sanpaolo, a major banking group in Italy
- Conducts weekly half-hour long lessons via Skype with students from all over Italy, working on developing grammar skills, expanding vocabulary by examining current event news articles and idioms, plus regular practice reading, writing and holding a conversation in English
ONLINE ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR — BLING ABC — BEIJING, CHINA DEC. 2018 TO PRESENT
- ESL (English as a Second Language) instructor, teaching online through BlingABC — the Beijing-based online English education company that connects teachers to learners from around China
- Responsible for teaching Chinese English-learners through an online teaching portal called ClassIn — groups ranging from 3 students to 15, up to 4 different hour-long sessions each day
- Teaches using a virtual classroom that allows teacher to interact with and evaluate students
ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR — GLOBAL LT — METRO DETROIT, MI, USA OCT. 2016 TO PRESENT
- Independent contract ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher, instructor and tutor for Global LT (Global Language Training) students throughout Metro Detroit, MI, for immigrants new to the United States (typically employees of GM, Chrysler, Valeo, Continental, and more)
- Leads individual and group lessons, traveling between students’ homes and places of business to teach English language lessons pertaining to grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading, writing, speaking, listening and understanding both conversational and business English
COPYWRITER & EDITOR — COMMUNICATION ASSOCIATES — TROY, MI, USA OCT. 2016 TO OCT. 2017
- Provided and edited copy for various advertising campaigns and industry types, including commercial real estate, international insurance companies, design firms, and more
- Worked with team of account executives and designers to deliver fully functional websites
- Drafted proposals for marketing meetings, client contracts, and more
- Provided complete social media networking, marketing and newsletters for clients
ADMINISTRATIVE CONSULTANT — NORTH BRANCH SCHOOL DISTRICT NORTH BRANCH, MI, USA– JAN. 2016 TO OCT. 2016
- Led seminars to educate the administrative staff on how to better connect with students, parents and the local community using tools such as social media and interpersonal communication
- Designed and implemented a social media campaign for all North Branch Area Schools
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER — PESG & EDUSTAFF — METRO DETROIT & FERNDALE, MI, USA OCT. 2010 TO MAY. 2016
- Worked as a substitute teacher for all grades K-12 in addition to teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) classes to adults from all over the world throughout Metro Detroit
- Worked as long-term History and English teacher at Ferndale Middle & High Schools, responsible for lesson plans and materials for 6–7 classrooms of up to 35 students each day, plus out of class responsibilities such as grading and parent-teacher conferences for all students
- Taught at countless schools throughout Michigan, including schools in Ferndale, Royal Oak, Lapeer, Oak Park, Detroit, Pleasant Ridge, Eastpointe, Dryden, Oxford, Metamora and more
WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY, DETROIT, MICHIGAN, 2014
B.F.A. in English & Communications from the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
BRITISH STUDY CENTRE, EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND, 2018
Cambridge CELTA Certification (Certification in English Language Teaching to Adults)
• Advanced skills: teaching, leadership, writing, editing, social media networking, tutoring and marketing
• Professional experience: public speaking, teaching, tutoring, journalism and interpersonal communication
Adam Fitzgerald | Email: email@example.com
References for Adam W. Fitzgerald:
Katherine “Katy” Ruiz — (F.K.A. Katy Hoover)
(My coordinator, client consultant & coworker at Global Language Training)
248.786.0999 x 2118 | KRuiz@Global-LT.com
(My Cambridge “teacher trainer” at British Study Centre in Edinburgh, UK)
+40 758 084 970
(My Master’s Class Professor at Wayne State University)
Adam also offers music lessons to beginners: specifically those seeking guitar or bass guitar lessons.
Call or text Adam Fitzgerald at +1 (248) 409 8699
Adam Fitzgerald is a singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. Fitzgerald has founded many bands, writes his own songs, produces other artists and occasionally moonlights in other projects.
Because Adam has been playing for 15+ years plus (guitar, bass, acoustics, ukulele, mandolin, etc.) he offers lessons for beginner musicians seeking classes for guitar or bass lessons — these can be online or in person.
In addition — Adam also offers his skills, tastes & experiences as a DJ (contact for references & more information regarding wedding DJing) to provide the best music for different scenarios — if you are having a professional event, wedding, party or get together, Adam can provide whatever music is preferred to “fit the mood” for reasonable prices.
(For a sample mix / playlist from Adam click here.)
Adam Fitzgerald is a writer and musician based in Michigan. He lives with his wife and two cats in the Grand Traverse Bay Area in Northerwest Michigan. Adam has worked as a teacher, a copywriter, an editor and a journalist. He is the founder of Underflow Records, Whateverfest, and a cofounder and primary songwriter in the Detroit indie rock band Shady Groves and he has produced music with several different projects and artists over the years. Adam is vegan and he likes to share his passion for art, education and cats with the world through his writing and teaching.